Last Revised: April 1, 2019
These terms and conditions are entered into by and between You and Riverbend Commercial Title Services Limited Partnership (“Riverbend”, “we” or “us”). The following terms and conditions, together with any documents they expressly incorporate by reference (collectively, these “Site Terms”), govern your access to and use of the websites or online services of Riverbend, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through Riverbendtitle.com (the “Website”).
We may revise and update these Site Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Website thereafter. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of revised Site Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes. You are expected to check this page from time to time so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
2. Related Business Disclosure
Disclosure is hereby made that Riverbend is wholly owned by the law firm of Keating Muething & Klekamp PLL (“KMK”). One or more KMK partners, associates or paralegals may work on the transaction which is the subject of the title insurance commitment, as well as on behalf of Riverbend in connection with the issuance of the commitment and/or title insurance policy to the named insured(s).
With respect to Riverbend, you should know that:
A. You are free to choose the agent and the title insurance company from whom you purchase title insurance.
B. The Ohio Department of Insurance regulates the premium rates for issuing title insurance in Ohio. As agent, Riverbend will retain a percentage of the premium payable to the title insurance company. The exact amount retained in any transaction will be furnished to you upon request.
C. In addition to the premium, Riverbend may charge work fees including, but not limited to, title examination fees, escrow fees, document preparation, closing services, and out-of-pocket expenses. These fees, if any, will be disclosed to you on or before the time the transaction is concluded.
D. Riverbend may, in connection with this transaction, pay legal fees to KMK in an amount not to exceed the retained portion of the title insurance premium and work charges.
With respect to KMK, you should know that:
A. Any legal fees charged by KMK in connection with providing legal services for this transaction will be disclosed to you before the time the transaction is concluded or upon your request.
B. You understand that no attorney/client relationship exists between you and KMK in connection with the issuance of the title insurance with respect to this transaction. KMK believes that its ownership of Riverbend, on the one hand, and performing any legal services in connection with this transaction, on the other hand, will not affect the exercise by KMK of its professional judgment.
C. In any case where KMK perceives a conflict of interest between its relationship of an insured and its ownership of Riverbend that might affect its professional judgment, KMK will notify all parties concerned and:
1. request that the conflict be waived; or
2. withdraw from legal representation of the insured; or
3. request Riverbend to withdraw as agent for the issuing title insurance company.
3. Not a Title Binder or Commitment; Legal Disclaimer
This Website is intended for information purposes only. Use of this Website does not constitute a binder or title insurance commitment by Riverbend or its underwriters to insure a particular title or titles for any party. A binder or title insurance commitment can only be issued in writing by delivery of a title commitment number after a title examination and investigation of the transaction. Nothing in the Website is to be considered as creating an attorney-client relationship or indeed any contractual relationship or as rendering legal or professional advice for any specific matter. You are responsible for obtaining such advice from your own legal counsel. No client or reader should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content on the Website without first obtaining matter specific legal and/or professional advice. Riverbend accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage, howsoever incurred, which may result from accessing or reliance on content on the Website, and disclaims, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any or all liability with respect to acts or omissions made by clients or readers on the basis of content on the Website. Some of the content of the Website may constitute attorney advertising within the meaning of the applicable bar rules. As applicable, the following statement is made in accordance with those rules: ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. PRIOR RESULTS DO NOT GUARANTEE A SIMILAR OUTCOME.
4. Title Commitments
Title insurance commitments are issued in contemplation of the issuance of a policy or policies of title insurance. Riverbend and the underwriting Title Insurance Company (“Company”) have no obligation outside the terms of the commitment. Specifically, any title search or examination conducted by Riverbend as a basis for issuing the commitment shall be for the benefit of Riverbend and the Company only, and does not inure to the benefit of any other party, including any seller, purchaser or lender.
In the event any proposed insured under the commitment fails to acquire, or elects not to acquire, a final policy prior to the expiration date of the commitment, said proposed insured shall have no cause of action or recourse against Riverbend or the Company and in no event shall any proposed insured have any claim or cause of action against Riverbend or the Company based on the title search or examination. By accepting the commitment, the proposed insured, along with any other parties to the contemplated transaction, consents to and agrees with the foregoing.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality of this Website (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by Riverbend, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Site Terms permit you to use the Website for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features [INSERT AS LINK TO LINKING TO THE WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES SECTION BELOW] with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any Services or materials available through the Website.
If you print, copy, modify, download or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of the Website in breach of the Site Terms, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title or interest in or to the Website or any content on the Website is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by Riverbend. Any use of the Website not expressly permitted by these Site Terms is a breach of these Site Terms and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
The name Riverbend Commercial Title Services, Limited Partnership, the Riverbend logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of Riverbend or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Riverbend. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
7. Prohibited Uses
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Site Terms. You agree not to use the Website:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Riverbend, a Riverbend employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm Riverbend or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
8. Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by Riverbend, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Riverbend. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
9. Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
10. Linking to the Website and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Website.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Website.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
- Link to any part of the Website other than the homepage.
- Otherwise take any action with respect to the materials on this Website that is inconsistent with any other provision of these Site Terms.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
11. Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
12. Geographic Restrictions
The owner of the Website is based in the State of Ohio in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER RIVERBEND NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH RIVERBEND MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER RIVERBEND NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH RIVERBEND REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
RIVERBEND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
14. Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL RIVERBEND, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Riverbend, its affiliates, licensors and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Site Terms or your use of the Website, including, but not limited to, any use of the Website’s content, services and products other than as expressly authorized in these Site Terms or your use of any information obtained from the Website.
16. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All matters relating to the Website and these Site Terms and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Ohio without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction).
Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Site Terms or the Website shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Ohio in each case located in the County of Hamilton although we retain the right to bring any suit, action or proceeding against you for breach of these Site Terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
17. Waiver and Severability
No waiver of by Riverbend of any term or condition set forth in these Site Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of Riverbend to assert a right or provision under these Site Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Site Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Site Terms will continue in full force and effect.
18. Entire Agreement
19. Your Comments and Concerns
This Website is operated by Riverbend Commercial Title Services LP, Suite 1400, One East Fourth Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com.