The content on the Riverbend Commercial Title AgencySM Limited Partnership (Riverbend) Web Site is provided as a general informational service to our clients and friends. The information contained in this site does not constitute legal advice and does not necessarily reflect the most current legal developments. You should not act or refrain from acting based upon information provided in this Site without first consulting legal counsel of your choice.
Attorney - Client Relationship
Use of the Riverbend Web Site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Riverbend or you and Keating Muething & Klekamp PLL. If you send an e-mail to a member of our Legal Department, your e-mail will not create an attorney-client relationship and will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential.
Not a Title Binder or Commitment
Visiting or e-mailing Riverbend through this site shall not constitute a binder or title insurance commitment by Riverbend or its underwriters to insure a particular title or titles for any party. A binder or title insurance commitment can only be issued in writing by delivery of a title commitment number after a title examination and investigation of the transaction.
E-mail via the Internet is generally not a secure form of communication, and the contents of your e-mail to us may be intercepted and read by third parties. Thus, you should not send sensitive or confidential information via an e-mail message without contacting a member of Riverbend's staff to arrange for a secure transmission over the Internet.
Warranties and Representations
This publication is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Riverbend is not responsible for any technical inaccuracies or typographical errors in this publication. Changes are periodically added to the information herein; these changes will be incorporated in new editions of the publication.
The Premium Calculator is designed to provide the user with an estimate of title premiums which might be incurred when purchasing title insurance. The premiums generated by the user are estimates only, are not guaranteed and do not take all factors into account, such as endorsement charges, title exam, and closing fees. For a final title premium quote, please contact Phyllis K. Jones, Vice President at 513.579.6490.
Title insurance commitments are issued in contemplation of the issuance of a policy or policies of title insurance. Riverbend Commercial Title Agency Limited Partnership (“Riverbend”) and the underwriting Title Insurance Company (“Company”) have no obligation outside the terms of the Commitment. Specifically, any title search or examination conducted by Riverbend as a basis for issuing the Commitment shall be for the benefit of Riverbend and the Company only, and does not inure to the benefit of any other party, including any seller, purchaser or lender.
In the event any proposed insured under the Commitment fails to acquire, or elects not to acquire, a final policy prior to the expiration date of the Commitment, said proposed insured shall have no cause of action or recourse against Riverbend or the Company and in no event shall any proposed insured have any claim or cause of action against Riverbend or the Company based on the title search or examination. By accepting the Commitment, the proposed insured, along with any other parties to the contemplated transaction, consents to and agrees with the foregoing.
Related Business Disclosure
Disclosure is hereby made that Riverbend is wholly owned by the law firm of Keating Muething & Klekamp PLL (“KMK”). One or more KMK partners, associates or paralegals may work on the transaction which is the subject of the title insurance commitment, as well as on behalf of Riverbend in connection with the issuance of the commitment and/or title insurance policy to the named insured(s).
With respect to Riverbend, you should know that:
- You are free to choose the agent and the title insurance company from whom you purchase title insurance.
- The Ohio Department of Insurance regulates the premium rates for issuing title insurance in Ohio. As agent, Riverbend will retain a percentage of the premium payable to the title insurance company. The exact amount retained in any transaction will be furnished to you upon request.
- In addition to premium, Riverbend may charge work fees including, but not limited to, title examination fees, escrow fees, document preparation, closing services, and out-of-pocket expenses. These fees, if any, will be disclosed to you on or before the time the transaction is concluded.
- Riverbend may, in connection with this transaction, pay legal fees to KMK in an amount not to exceed the retained portion of the title insurance premium and work charges.
With respect to KMK, you should know that:
- Any legal fees charged by KMK in connection with providing legal services for this transaction will be disclosed to you before the time the transaction is concluded or upon your request.
- You understand that no attorney/client relationship exists between you and KMK in connection with the issuance of title insurance with respect to this transaction. KMK believes that its ownership of Riverbend, on the one hand, and performing any legal services in connection with this transaction, on the other hand, will not affect the exercise by KMK of its professional judgment.
- In any case where KMK perceives a conflict of interest between its representation of an insured and its ownership of Riverbend that might affect its professional judgment, KMK will notify all parties concerned and:
- request that the conflict be waived; or
- withdraw from legal representation of the insured; or
- request Riverbend to withdraw as agent for the issuing title insurance company.
Should you have questions to the above disclosure, please contact:
Riverbend Commercial Title Agency Limited Partnership
By: Riverbend Commercial Title Agency, Inc., General Partner
Gregory J. Haverkamp, President